For New Year's: How to Make Spiked Mexican-Style Hot Chocolate in a Marshmallow Shot Glass
During cold winter nights hot chocolate with marshmallows becomes a staple drink to try and keep the cold at bay. This drink is warm, flavorful and delicious. Who can say no to it. And yes, there are a lot of hot chocolate recipes floating around this time of year. Spiked hot chocolate, peppermint hot chocolate, dark chocolate hot chocolate, but have you ever heard of a toasted marshmallow shot glass? Probably not.
No worries though, we’re here to save the day with the perfectly delicious and easy way to change up your normal hot chocolate experience. This is an adult version, but to make it fun for your kids you can omit the tequila.
How to Make Spiked Mexican-Style Hot Chocolate in a Marshmallow Shot Glass Video:
- 1 packet hot chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 shots tequila
- 1 cup water
- Take the hot chocolate mix and pour it in a mug.
- Add cinnamon.
- Add cayenne pepper and stir.
- Spike the hot chocolate with two shots of tequila.
Marshmallow Shot Glass
- 1 marshmallow
- Stick a fork in the marshmallow.
- Roast the bottoms and sides over the stovetop until they’re golden brown.
- Flip it upside down.
- Take a second fork and slide the marshmallow off the roasting fork.
- Let it sit – the inside will
- Scoop out the middle to create the perfect vessel for your shot.
- Spoon some of your hot chocolate into the marshmallow shot glass.
- Take the shot and eat the marshmallow. Yum!