This Store Has Everything You Need To Live Without Electricity
With a strong handshake and a helping hand. Family owned and operated since 1955, Lehman's is here to help you live a simpler life. City or country, rural or urban, they can help you build a better future, one that values personal connections, integrity and tradition.
You'll find Lehman's in the heart of Ohio's Amish Country at their Kidron store, where their story began. For their friends who are far away, they have a print catalog and a website to give you access to hundreds of practical goods, from planting and preserving to off-grid living.
Think of them as your portal to the past.
Did you know . . .
- Jay Lehman was the sole employee in 1955.
- Their products have been featured in dozen of high profile Hollywood productions, such as The Gangs of New York, Cold Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.
- They've shipped our products to over 85 countries.
- They have over 300 vendors within 45 miles of their store.
- Northeast Ohio has the largest population of Amish in the country, not Lancaster, PA.
- Lehman's was started to serve the local Amish. Today, you'll find that several of their vendors are Amish craftsmen.
- Their customer representatives are trained in various skills from using oil lamps to installing water pumps. Don't know what specialty part you need for your Aladdin lamp or water pump? Tell them what the problem is, and we are sure they can help. Just ask!
- They stand together with our vendors and employees to bring our customers A Simpler Life. Read more about it here.
WHAT THEY DO
Since 1955, they've offered simple products that simply work. It's always been that easy.
- They value locally made and USA made products
- They honor the past and respect tradition
- They sell low-tech items in a high-tech world
- They carry what others don't
- They stock non-electrical products that are dependable and reliable
- They stand together with their vendors and employees to bring us customers A Simpler Life.
HOW THEY GOT HERE
Founded in 1955 by Jay Lehman to serve the local Amish, a small hardware store has grown into a versatile business that serves people all over the world.