Beets: Never Look At Them The Same Way Again!
Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas).Beets also contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
Reasons why you should include beets in your diet
– Beets contain polyphenols and betalains which can heal the free radical damage and oxidative stress
– They contain numerous vitamins including vitamin B
– Beets are rich in minerals like potassium and folate, which help to keep the heart healthy; magnesium, which is great for bone health; iron and phosphorus which give energy; copper, which destroys free radicals and iodine, a mineral crucial for biosynthesis of thyroid hormones
– Beets contain cobalt which encourages vitamin B12 formation. Without it and folic acid, the red blood cells cannot be formed
– They rejuvenate our bodies with folic acid which helps in the creation of new cells
– The betalain pigments found in beets help our bodies extract toxins
– They improve digestion thanks to dietary fibers
– Beets stimulate the metabolism
– They help us digest vitamin D
– Beets help in prevention of dementia due to their high amounts of nitrates which transform to nitrites in the body. Nitrites open the blood vessels which increases blood flow and helps oxygen to hard reachable areas
– The pectin found in beets is in greater amounts than in carrots or apples. Pectin is responsible for the extraction of radioactive materials and heavy metals from the body, and hinders the spread of harmful intestinal bacteria as well as preventing development of various diseases