1000’s of Trees and Half an Acre: Small Scale Nursery Business with Akiva Silver
Planting Bareroot Stock:
- Plant into beds high in organic matter with deep, loose soil.
- Plant in ultra tight spacing with the row and 12 inches between rows.
- Avoid pots. Pots dry out too fast. Grow in loose soil.
- When plant cuttings take 6 to 8 inch cuttings, cut from vigorous water sprouts. Bury them right up to the top bud.
- “If you grow things that people know, they’re really easy to sell.”
- “If something is a lot of work and you’re into it, you’ll do it and be happy about it.”
- “I think the most important thing is to grow what you use, what you use in your landscape, and what you’re excited about and what you want to see other people growing.”
“If you grow things that people know, they’re really easy to sell.“Akiva Silver