Parasites and papayas~ Don't throw out the seeds!
Categories: Health & Nutrition, Education, Food
According to the CDC, millions of people in the United States suffer from parasitic infections. Most of these infections go undetected for years and can cause any number of bizarre symptoms. (roundworm below)
Mindbodygreen.com lists some common signs of an infection:
- You have unexplained constipation, diarrhea, gas, or other symptoms of IBS.
- You traveled internationally and remember getting traveler’s diarrhea while abroad.
- You have a history of food poisoning and your digestion has not been the same since.
- You have trouble falling asleep, or you wake up multiple times during the night.
- You get skin irritations or unexplained rashes, hives, rosacea or eczema.
- You grind your teeth in your sleep.
- You have pain or aching in your muscles or joints.
- You experience fatigue, exhaustion, depression, or frequent feelings of apathy.
- You never feel satisfied or full after your meals.
- You've been diagnosed with iron-deficiency anemia.
If you are concerned about parasites, you should check with your doctor. There is also a simple homemade recipe based on a scientific study that can help improve and/or altogether eliminate these creepy crawlers. In a 2007 study done on Nigerian children, 23 out of 30 were cleared of parasites after receiving 20ml of crushed papaya seeds and honey over 7 days.
Simply scoop out the seeds, rinse with water, air dry on a paper towel, and crush to better digestive health! Be careful at first, and begin with a small amount. Papaya seeds can pack some serious heat, especially the bigger ones. Look for non-GMO, too! ~by Amy Webster offgridquest.com
turn the page to see a video about how to prepare and eat them.....