Garage turned into a TINY HOUSE-
Categories: Tiny House
This is your own stand-alone unit. You have your own dedicated street entrance into a private fenced front courtyard, and of course, the Tiny House is all yours!
Interaction with Guests
Our caretaker will make sure our home is prepared for you as we are not on-site. As our reviews show, we are always easily on-hand via phone, text or email and love to give neighborhood recommendations!
To make it easier for you, we have a keyless entry so you don't have to worry about coordinating key handoffs.
We love our walk/bike friendly N. Williams Ave neighborhood - one of Portland's most up-and-coming streets, a vibrant tree-lined neighborhood with award-winning restaurants, bars, coffee shops, wine bars, bakeries, yoga studios, and indie boutiques - it seems something new every week. Sunset Magazine loves its “low-key urban vibe", past guests call our neighborhood "awesome", "amazing" and "full of things to do". Our street has even made an appearance or two on the TV show Portlandia.
The Tiny House is nestled on a quiet tree-lined residential street - lots of easy street parking!
Portland is a ridiculously bike-friendly town. We highly recommend exploring our neighborhood on bike during your stay (even for you non-bikers)! As such, we usually have two guest bikes available for exploring the neighborhood (ask us when you book) or we can provide bike rental options.
• We are on a quiet residential street, one street set behind the bustling Williams St shopping/restaurant corridor, including a shiny new New Seasons Market (the local version of Whole Foods).
• A 5 minute bike ride to bohemian Mississippi Avenue or 7 minute bike ride to arty-hippie Alberta Street.
• 15 minute bus ride to Rose Quarter Transit Center, a central transit hub to just about anywhere in Portland.
• 7 minute drive/ 20 minutes via bus to downtown. Or 15 minutes via the Bike Highway two blocks away (a Portlander's preferred mode of transport).
Other Things to Note
BEFORE YOU BOOK
• Please be aware this is a handmade house, and we've taken a deliberately Rustic Modern approach. As such, set your expectations closer to “hand-crafted" rather than “Hilton".
• This is a tiny house. Which means - it is a tiny house. Proportions are scaled-down or modified. Stairs are comfortable to use, but steeper than standard stairs. The bathroom is definitely tiny! The bathroom sink is recessed - easy to wash your hands, but harder to brush your teeth/ wash your face. The bathroom also features a small clawfoot tub with shower head, you'll need to be able to step up into it.
• The upstairs ceiling is steeply sloped - you'll need to duck your head to enter and leave the loft. Once upstairs, the upstairs bedroom has enough headroom to comfortably stand if you are under 5'10" (if you're taller, you'll have to duck your head more often).
• The Tiny House is ideally set up for one/two adults. If you have different arrangement, please contact us prior to booking.
• This is our secondary residence and we are delighted to share it with you. Please read the house rules and be sure that you can honor them before booking.
We love this little slice of DIY Portland, and hope to be able to share it with you.