This Is A Rustic Shipping Container Home With Style And Class!
It's something we're all looking for these days... cheap, effective, accomplishing our purpose. How much room do we need? At what cost? Shipping containers have provided a rather inexpensive and heavy storm-proof metal structure, yet making them pleasing to the eye requires some great finishing touches. Here is one that has taken those touches in creative style!
General info on how they're built:
• 20’ repurposed steel shipping container
• Ceiling height will be approx. 10’
• Front entry door will be a 32” full view steel door, will have knob and dead bolt
• Wired with standard Romex wire with a 100 amp main breaker service panel
• Will have required amount of outlets throughout, will have one hard wired smoke detector
• Will include one 12,000BTU air conditioner with 10,600 BTU heating combo unit
• Plumbing is standard ½ pex for water and schedule 40 pvc for drain
• Electric 20 gallon hot water heater
• Closed cell spray foam R-13 insulation on interior walls and R-21 insulation in roof
• Base trim will be 1×3 painted or stained
• Same vinyl flooring throughout
• Ceiling material will be corrugated galvanized metal
• No furniture is provided such as couch, TV’s, tables, stools, pillows and etc.
• All interior walls will be stained pine tongue & Groove planks
From the solid granite kitchen top to the sliding bathroom door...To the creative overhead storage and the pipe fitters stair rail...
A loveseat for a couch, some tongue and groove siding, and a few cabinets.... all go a long way to bring this metal structure into that feel-like-home mentality!
The flat screen on the wall, and just enough height make this bedroom space quite functional!
• 2’ pocket door
• 4’ fiberglass walk-in shower unit
• With standard single handle Moen shower valve
• Standard white round bowl toilet
• Vanity will be 42” that matches kitchen cabinets
• Vanity top is Formica with an oil rubbed bronze single lever vanity
• Will have a 3 bulb light above vanity (will match hardware finish)
• Standard exhaust fan vented outside
• All interior walls in bathroom are corrugated galvanized metal
• Will have 5’ of standard birch lower and upper cabinets with square raised panel doors, stained or painted, will have a stainless steel single compartment sink, will have a single lever faucet with pull-out sprayer
• Countertop is Formica
• On the end of the run of base cabinets we will over hang countertop 22” to allow for a eating area for bar stools
• Will have a built in stainless steel microwave
• Will include a two burner cooktop that will be able to sit on countertop or be put away
• Will include a 9.9 cu. Ft. stainless steel top freezer refrigerator (apartment size)
• Will include a 2.3 cu. Ft. washer and electric ventless dryer next to refrigerator with storage above
• Will have open shelves built in under steps to loft. This will include cubbies for folded clothes and shoes.
• 30” pantry/storage cabinet
Even the outside is sided, so it doesn't look like "Shipping" anymore. This is more rustic log cabin than container, but It's storm proof and earthquake proof, and sized to ship on a flatbed.
• Has an outlet on wall where TV will be mounted
• Has a HDMI cable from TV location to cabinet under steps
• The living area will have one ceiling fan/light combo
• Loft is big enough for queen bed (loft size 76”x88”) , ceiling height in loft will be approx. 39”
• Loft floor will have matching vinyl as main level
• Loft will have four 36”x 24” slider windows side by side
• Loft will have approx. 58” of built in open cubbies
• Loft will have two outlets and a wall mounted 3’ fluorescent light
• Will have a standard slope roof with classic rib 29 gauge metal, color chosen by customer
• The exterior wall will have stained pine log siding
• Will have one exterior light next to entry door
via: Tiny House Swoon