DIY KITCHEN HERB GARDEN GIFT IDEA
Categories: Tips & Tricks
adhesive labels will do. I also used a Crafty Croc white chalk marker. BTW… those are my affiliate links. Let these dry while you do your planting.
Place a handful of rocks in the bottom of each tin can. This will allow for drainage.
Add a small scoop of dirt. You won’t need much, because the plants already come with dirt. Use your best judgement on this. Carefully, place the plant into the can and top off with additional soil if necessary. After you are finished with all of your planting, be sure to water them.
Wipe off any dirt from the cans with a cloth and add your labels.
I have to admit that I’m kinda loving how these turned out. About the plants, if you have time, you could easily grow your own herbs from seed. However, if you are in a time crunch or are just impatient like me, small starter plants from the garden center work great.
If these herbs are snipped and used frequently, you should be able to keep them in the cans for a long while. However, there may come a time when you will need to find them a new home out in your garden. If that happens, just start some new ones!
Do you know someone who would enjoy getting this as a Mother’s Day gift?
For more easy gift ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers participating in this #CreativeHop:
- DIY Lavender Facial by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy Cookie Platter Mother’s Day Gift by A Mom’s Take
- DIY Mother’s Day Herb Garden Gift by Mom Does It All
- DIY Vanity Tray by Style on Main
- Homemade Painted Glass Bottle by Our Family World
- Thanks a Latte Teacher Gift by Simply Southern Mom
- DIY Shea Butter Lotion Bars by Better in Bulk
- DIY Mother’s Day Coupon Book for Twin Moms by Mom on the Side
- DIY Butterfly Wall Hanging by Home and Garden Cafe
- Party Worthy Spinach Salad with Strawberries by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Aromatherapy Shower Fizzies by My So Called Balanced Life
- Easy DIY Photo Coasters & a Delicious Mocktail to Spoil Mom by Two Boys One Girl One Crazy Mom
- Add Some Style to Your Sunglasses by Greta’s Day
- Pasta Picture Frame by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy Marquee Letter Craft by Momma D Jane’s Blog
- School’s Out for Summer Gift by The Guavalicious Life
Now check out this cool DIY idea: